Business Development Professional Position
Looking for a dynamite teammate to represent the Cochran brand, core values and assist in implementing the business development strategies; while building a pipeline of profitable opportunities and strategic relationships for the assigned regions, or as otherwise directed.
Candidate must have a thorough understanding of the services offered and be able to communicate the value of those services to potential clients and team partners.
- Engaging and highly effective interpersonal, communication and presentation skills that cultivate and grow lasting business relationships, both internally and externally.
- A passion for meeting new people and developing relationships.
- Highly collaborative with the ability to respond quickly and effectively to ever-changing situations.
- Exhibit strong business acumen, skills, maturity, and the ability to work effectively with others.
- Communicate directly with clients and encourage trusting relationships.
- Assist with building and maintaining relationships with industry professionals, developer’s business owners, and government representatives.
- Must be a self-starter who is charismatic, compassionate, positive and driven to see success as a team.
- Have a positive outlook, be motivated with an entrepreneurial attitude. Work autonomously and be self-driven.
- Highly developed organizational and planning skills, time management skills, and written/oral communication skills.
- The ability to quickly develop a working knowledge of core services and industry specific practices.
- Conduct market research and analyze industry data.
- Be the Critical Factor for the smooth operation of the Marketing functions to assist in the drive towards attainment of the marketing goals as well as long-term growth of the company.
- Work well under pressure, multi-task and adhere to deadlines.
- Well-organized with a customer-success-centric approach.
- Attend and represent Cochran at association and conference events.
- Ability to travel and overnight stays a must. Some after hours and weekend work is required.
- Utilize the company’s CRM to manage, retain and grow sales along with the Marketing Team.
- Skilled with social media and marketing proposal.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Word, Excel and Social Media.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Economics or in related fields, such as Construction Management, Construction Science, Engineering, Architecture preferred.
Current Missouri Driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record.
Ability to pass a drug test
- Architecture/Engineering/Construction industry experience
- Demonstrated community involvement and activity with industry associates, civics, and/or trade associated groups.
- Demonstrated network of developers, owners, owner’s representatives, architects, engineers and other professional services relationships available to create new business opportunities.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Driving for 3.5 hour periods.
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Moving about on foot for accomplish tasks.
- Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position.
- Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full motion of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Lifting up to 30 lbs.
The conditions the worker will be subject to in this position:
The worker is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
Will report to the Cochran office in Union, Missouri.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We offer a competitive benefit package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
paid vacation and holidays
Cochran is an equal opportunity employer
Interested applicants should submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com
To learn more about Cochran visit www.cochraneng.com
View our jobs on our career page on the Indeed website.
Requisition Number – 17-0522W
Post Date – 5/23/2017
Title – Administrative Assistant
Status – Part Time, 12:30 – 4:30 M-F
Location – Wentzville, Missouri
Cochran is seeking an “Experienced” Administrative Assistant with 3-5 years working with a busy midsize company. Must be able to demonstrate high level of proficiency with all Microsoft Office & Adobe software. Demonstration of creating and maintaining complex excel documents a must. You must be an extremely detailed oriented, organized and self-starting individual. This position requires you to work with multiple groups within the company, and accept and prioritize multiple projects/requests at any given time with little to no instruction.
Position Requirements –(including but not limited to)
• 3-5 years’ experience as administrative assistant is required
• Must have strong customer service orientation by actively looking for ways to help others. In addition, strong social perceptiveness and critical thinking as well as strong management skills.
• Excellent oral communication skills are required. Must have a strong ability to actively listen giving full attention to what others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made and asking questions as appropriate.
• Strong data entry and attention to detail
• Must be able to work independently, and part of a team
• Must be able to coordinating and prioritize tasks and deadlines –
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office a must
• Must be able to demonstrate ability to create and maintain complex excel spreadsheet report
• Perform Receptionist duties. Maintain main lobby area for orderliness and cleanliness/setup for meetings
• Keep Outlook Calendars & meeting schedules
• Perform various functions to support various departments as needed.
• Maintain and purchase office supplies, vending machine and coffee supplies, mail room, copy and fax supplies as needed.
• Monitor postage and copy machines daily and arrange maintenance and repairs as required.
• Files and Maintain records retention area
• Open and sort all incoming US mail.
• Support overall company and departments as required
• Professional in appearance and attitude
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Attention to detail with strong data entry skills. Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing other office procedures. Organization and follow-up skills a must. Demonstrate ability to make and meet commitments. Ability to coordinate tasks and deadlines. Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Courteous and responsive in customer service. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including: Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point. Professional in appearance and attitude.
Min. Experience – 3-5 years administrative assistant with exceptional Microsoft Office and communication skills
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to compute discount, interest, profit and loss, commission, markup, ratio, proportion, and percentage.
• Ability to calculate
• Ability to read periodicals, journals, manuals and financial reports.
• Ability to write business letters, summaries and reports.
Other Essential Requires or Functions –
Work often requires moderate physical exertion including walking up stairs. Day-to-day physical requirements involve standard office activities including sitting/standing for extended periods of time, attending meetings, use of keyboard and mouse repetitively, lifting of less than 20lbs frequently, etc.
Thank you for considering Cochran for your next career opportunity. Cochran is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, or any other reason prohibited under Federal, State or local laws. EOE AA/M/F/D/V
Thank you for considering Cochran for your next career opportunity. Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax (636) 332-4574
Please note requisition number when applying – NO PHONE CALLS