CADD Designer/Drafter – Civil
Status – Full Time (Exempt)
Locations – St. Louis, Wentzville, Union, Ozark & Lake Ozarks offices (Please indicate which office you are applying for)
Cochran is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to perform as a full time “Civil” CADD designer/drafter. Must have understanding of “Civil” CADD based drafting procedures.
- Produce drawings using computer assisted drafting systems (CAD), Civil 3D software
- Draft plans and detailed drawings for structures, installations, and construction various projects
- Draw maps, diagrams, and profiles, using cross-sections and surveys, to represent elevations, topographical contours, subsurface formations, and structures.
- Correlate, interpret, and modify data obtained from topographical surveys, well logs, and geophysical prospecting reports.
- Finish and duplicate drawings and documentation packages, according to required mediums and specifications for reproduction, photography, or other duplicating methods.
- Review rough sketches, drawings, specifications, and other engineering data received from Civil Engineers to ensure that they conform to design concepts.
- Provide Engineers and Architects with drafting support
Min. Experience – 1 year experience required, 2-5 years’ civil experience preferred, drafting/design and related course work. Proficiency with Civil 3D, Microsoft Office
Min. Education – High School Diploma
Desire Education/Certificate – Two year drafting degree minimum
Other Essential Requires or Functions –
Work is indoors with the potential for occasional outside work. Day-to-day physical requirements involve standard office & potential field activities including walking/bending/sitting/standing for extended periods of time, attending meetings, use of keyboard and mouse repetitively. Outside work often requires moderate physical exertion including holding and operating hand tools and machinery, walking to operating areas, walking up stairs, climbing ladders, kneeling, bending, taking field measurements, taking pictures, and walking projects. Outdoor work is in all types of weather. Work may require using and wearing personal protective equipment such as hearing and eye protection, hard hat and steel-toed boots. Lifting of less than 30lbs and lifting of 30+lbs frequently, etc.
- Good analytical and computer skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Strong Math competency
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Hard worker, team oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to understand and interpret engineering documents (prints, specifications, manuals, etc)
- Must be able to lift 30 + lbs.
- Ability and interest in performing work in the field in all weather
- Ability to be covered by company auto insurance plan (e.g. Good Driving Record – No DUI’s or suspensions within the last 5 years and no more than 2 traffic violations (with less than 3pts. max on each violation) in the past 2 years) Must have valid driver’s license
- Pre-employment drug screening and random drug screenings
- Ability to acquire OSHA 10-hour safety certification
Thank you for considering Cochran for your next career opportunity. Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note office location when applying – NO PHONE CALLS
Cochran offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation and sick time and 401K plan. Starting salary will be dependent upon personal knowledge, skill and ability.
Cochran is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, or any other reason prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. EOE AA/M/F/D/V