POSITION: Engineering Field Technician
Location: Wentzville Office
The Engineering Field Technician, under the designated supervisor, performs or assists in performing routine field tests and observations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs field quality control tests on plastic concrete.
- Performs field density testing on soil, asphalt and aggregate.
- Performs routine laboratory tests on soil, concrete, asphalt and other construction materials.
- Limited decision making.
- Prepares written daily field observation reports and summary reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be available for overtime, night and weekend work – as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One to two years prior experience.
- Nuclear safety trained at first available opportunity
- ACI Level 1 Certification preferred
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform routine field tests.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to verbally communicate and write in a clear, concise, legible manner.
- Must possess the traits to promote good working relationships with fellow employees.
- Must enjoy working outside
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand on feet the majority of the work day
- Lift up to 75 pounds
- Frequent driving.
- Frequent exposure to weather including hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions caused by the weather. Working conditions could be a combination based on season.
- Exposure to conditions such as fumes, noxious odors, dusts, mists, gases, and poor ventilation, which affect the respiratory system, eyes or, the skin.
- Exposure to confined areas.
- Exposure to heights.