Engineering Field Technician
The Engineering Field Technician, under the designated supervisor, performs or assists in performing routine field tests and observations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs field quality control tests on plastic concrete.
- Performs field density testing on soil, asphalt and aggregate.
- Performs routine laboratory tests on soil, concrete, asphalt and other construction materials.
- Limited decision making.
- Prepares written daily field observation reports and summary reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be available for overtime, night and weekend work – as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One to two years prior experience.
- Nuclear safety trained at first available opportunity
- ACI Level 1 Certification preferred
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform routine field tests.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to verbally communicate and write in a clear, concise, legible manner.
- Must possess the traits to promote good working relationships with fellow employees.
- Must enjoy working outside
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand on feet the majority of the work day
- Lift up to 75 pounds
- Frequent driving.
- Frequent exposure to weather including hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions caused by the weather. Working conditions could be a combination based on season.
- Exposure to conditions such as fumes, noxious odors, dusts, mists, gases, and poor ventilation, which affect the respiratory system, eyes or, the skin.
- Exposure to confined areas.
- Exposure to heights.
Thank you for considering Cochran for your next career opportunity. Cochran is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, or any other reason prohibited under Federal, State or local laws. EOE AA/M/F/D/V
Apply at email@example.com– NO PHONE CALLS