Land Surveying Personnel
Status – Full Time
Location – Union, Wentzville, Fenton, Ozark, Osage Beach and Farmington, Missouri
Cochran is an established, multi-location Civil Engineering/Land Surveying firm currently ranked #18 by the St. Louis Business Journal among the Largest Engineering Firms in the St. Louis area. We are expanding our current team to meet client needs and we are looking to add motivated individuals to fill FULL-TIME positions within our Survey Department!
- Ability to perform survey calculations and read/comprehend plans
- Knowledge of AutoCad and Civil 3D
- Knowledge of operating Total Stations, Data Collectors, RTK and GPS equipment
- Ability to coordinate field crews
- Ability to perform property and survey research
- Ability to complete ALTA Surveys, Boundary Surveys, Topographic Surveys and Construction Staking
Candidates should be dependable, have a mature approach to performing assigned tasks efficiently, and enjoy working outdoors in various types of weather. This position requires a valid license and acceptable driving record for insurance purposes.
Our company offers a competitive salary and full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life, vacation/sick time, profit sharing/bonus and 401K plan. Starting salary will be dependent upon personal knowledge, skill and ability. Relocation assistance is NOT available.
Min. Experience – 2-5 years land survey experience preferred – Must have understanding of AutoCAD, Trimble Total Station and GPS equipment.
Min. Education – High School Diploma – Strong competency in Math
Other Essential Requires or Functions –
Work is outdoors in all weather, with the potential for occasional office work. Work often requires moderate physical exertion including holding and operating hand tools and machinery, walking to operating areas, walking up stairs, climbing ladders, kneeling, bending, taking field measurements, taking pictures, and walking projects. Work may require using and wearing personal protective equipment such as hearing and eye protection, hard hat and steel-toed boots. Day-to-day physical requirements involve standard office & field activities including walking/bending/sitting/standing for extended periods of time, working outdoors in all weather, attending meetings, use of keyboard and mouse repetitively, lifting of less than 50lbs and lifting of 50+lbs frequently, etc.
- Good analytical and computer skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Strong Math competency
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Hard worker, team oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to understand and interpret engineering documents (prints, specifications, manuals, etc)
- Must be able to lift 50 + lbs.
- Ability and interest in performing work in the field in all weather
- Ability to be covered by company auto insurance plan (e.g. Good Driving Record – No DUI’s or suspensions within the last 5 years and no more than 2 traffic violations (with less than 3pts. max on each violation) in the past 2 years) Must have valid driver’s license
- Pre-employment drug screening and random drug screenings
- Ability to acquire OSHA 10-hour safety certification
Thank you for considering Cochran for your next career opportunity. Cochran is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, or any other reason prohibited under Federal, State or local laws. EOE AA/M/F/D/V
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org– NO PHONE CALLS