The Audrain County Courthouse is more than just a historic building – it is the cornerstone of the community and nerve center for the County government.
Built-in 1950, the three stories, 40,000 square foot community landmark required an extensive and calculated three-year renovation, which included infrastructure repairs and updates to restore it to its former stature. Renovation work included tuck pointing, refreshed interiors, restoration of three monuments, compliant accessibility, updated safety, security, and energy efficiency.
Designed by Bonsack and Pearce Inc. in 1950, all renovations were carefully introduced to ensure they aligned with the architect’s vision. Special attention was paid to the three monuments, the Lady of Liberty, Audrain County Veterans Memorials, and the Exercise Tiger Memorial which was carefully restored to their original luster. This project is the first in revitalizing the downtown area.